Boosting your metabolism isn’t as hard as you might think. While all of our bodies are different and metabolize in their own ways, there are a few surefire tricks you can rely on to rev up your inner calorie furnace. From early AM workouts to food choices, you can give your metabolism an extra push without too much effort. Sweet! Here are a few simple ways to get your metabolism pumping in no time:
1. Eat Breakfast! The worst thing you can do to kick-start your day (and your metabolism) is skip breakfast. I know I was always raised being told it is the most important meal of the day!
2. Get Moving in the Morning. Although I try my hardest to do my workouts in the morning, I’ll be honest. There’s no chance I’ll ever be a morning person, no less someone that can hit the gym before noon. That said, for those of you who are early risers, I encourage you to exercise in the morning. An early morning sweat-session will get your metabolism up and running and therefore burning more calories for the rest of the day.
3. Drink Up! If you’re even just a tad thirsty (or dehydrated) you run the risk of slowing your metabolism. I’ve heard that drinking cold water actually sparks your metabolism because your body has to work harder to heat it up to its natural temperature. If you have the taste for it, drink green tea too. It has a special compound in it that bumps up the metabolic rate as well. (This is my goal for March – No coffee, just green tea!)
4. Have Whole Grains, Not Multigrain! Complex carbs and fiber-rich foods help to speed up your metabolism. Whole grains are good, multigrain are not. If anything, just remember that!
5. Eat More, Smaller Meals! Didn’t think you’d see the phrase “eat more” on this list did you? According toWebMD, if you divide your meals up into smaller portions so you eat more often throughout the day, your metabolism won’t have a chance to take a break. Now this doesn’t mean stuff your face 24/7. Instead, try to eat smaller bites throughout the day instead of three large meals.
Try this out for the week and see how you go and if you have any tips and tricks, please feel free to leave them in the comments section below!
( riginal tip’s from LaurenConrad.Com, but altered to suit my life :) – 1 of my favourite blogs!)